Date: Nov 11, 2021
Location: Red Lake, ON, CA
Company: Evolution Mining Limited
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. We own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution our best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
The purpose of the Electrician role is to safely install, repair and maintain the equipment at Evolution Mining Red Lake Operation. This position will require you to work underground or on surface as required.
- Roster: Local 7 days on 7 days off – 12 hour shifts
- Competitive salaries, bonus structures and growth opportunities
- Location: Red Lake, Ontario
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The Red Lake Operation provides a very diverse work environment that will allow the trades person to grow their skill set. At our location the electrical infrastructure is vast including from surface to underground as follows.
- 115kv mine owned power line and substation
- Seven (7) 44kv surface distribution substations
- Two (2) operating processing mills with significant amounts of automation and instrumentation
- Five (5) Headframes with ten (10) mine hoists
- Three (3) Underground complexes with numerous 4160v and 13.8kv distribution systems
- Underground equipment that is remotely operated from surface
- Communication and monitoring systems ranging from fiber optics, radio, seismic etc.
About the role
The Electrician role offers an exceptional opportunity to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical systems and components of machinery and equipment.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Maintain electrical prints and documentation
- Assist in the training of apprentices on procedures and safe electrical practices
- Provide suggestions on project improvements
- Partake in training sessions to keep up to date of equipment on site
- Comply with federal and provincial acts and regulations, and legal requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
As an Electrician, you will have successfully complete an electrical related program at a post-secondary institution or have acquired qualifications of the trade by progressively advancing through an apprenticeship program in order to become qualified. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- A valid Journeyman Electrician Interprovincial Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years trades experience in a heavy industrial field
- Solid comprehension and ability to read technical drawings
- Well-developed ability to comprehend and interpret electrical and operations manuals
Closing date: Open Until Filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to inform your supervisor.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.