Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
Casual Position Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Starting Salary Rate: 19.707 per hour
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Dietary Aide is to meet the dietary needs of the Hostel clients.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Will consider life experience/skills related to this position
- Secondary education preferred
- Experience in a dietary setting an asset
- Ability to work on your feet all day
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker
- Ability to learn WHMIS
Knowledge and Ability:
- Follow menu/recipes to meet the daily menu requirement for clients.
- Clean and maintain dining area.
- Make sure to restock before end of shift (Juice, Coffee, water, etc.).
- Work as a team when preparing for meal service and cleanup after meals.
- Work as a team in putting away supplies and mark down when supplies are low.
- Daily temperature checks on dishwasher and let Cook Team Leader know of any problems.
- Help Prepare snacks and various food items.
- Follow cleaning schedule, cleaning dietary area and equipment, washing dishes etc.
- To help in the ongoing training of staff.
- Education component throughout the year, Health and Safety, policy and procedures, workshops, etc.
- To be flexible in the job routine and be challenged by new requests and ongoing changes to the job as delegated by the Manager.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and others, by practicing and promoting safe work habits by using personal protective equipment and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager.
- Sweep and wash floors when necessary
- Ensure cleanliness of hot food steam tables
- Any other duties as assigned
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Person’s Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open to Filled
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com