Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. We own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution our best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
The purpose of the Cage Tender role is responsible for the safe transportation of personnel and supplies and for the conveying of ore/waste from the pass to primary crusher or skip at Evolution Mining Red Lake Operation.
- Roster: 7 days on / 7 days off – 12-hour shifts
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Cage Tender role offers an exceptional opportunity to load cage and transport manpower, materials and equipment to be lowered into mine.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Push or pulls loaded cars off cage at surface and replaces with cars that are empty or loaded with supplies
- Signal Hoist Operator with bell or buzzer when cage is to be moved
- Give directions to workers in loading of cage to ensure conformance to safety regulations
- Operate forklift / telehandler safely and efficiently
- Ensure shaft guide sprinkler systems are working properly at all times
- Perform other duties as per your supervisor
As a Cage Tender, you will have a Secondary School Diploma. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Ontario Hard Rock Common Core with relevant modules
- Solid understanding of automated and semi-automated hoisting procedures
- Ability to successfully pass relevant shaft inspection course for logbook signage
- Sound comprehension of procedures and regulations for transporting explosives
- Exceptional decision-making skills, superior troubleshooting capabilities, and easily adaptable to constant change
Closing date: Open Until Filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com .
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to notify your supervisor of your application.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.