Business Development Manager Internal/External
Lac Seul First Nation
Business Development Manager
Lac Seul First Nation is seeking a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for facilitating, promoting, and ensuring community and economic development to supporting local business opportunities and increasing local employment. Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Economic Development, the Business Development Manager will be involved in the duties directly related to the economic development of Lac Seul First Nation. In addition, duties will also include planning and providing organizational support to the overall day-to-day operations of the Economic Development department.
Travel will be required.
- A diploma/degree in Business Administration or a business related field
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite and project management software
- Ability to successfully complete application forms and reporting forms
- Knowledge of local, regional, and territorial economic development potential and opportunity’s ability to identify and promote community economic development projects and initiatives
- Knowledge and experience in business planning and conducting market analysis, ability to develop and analyze business plans
- Knowledge and experience in financial planning, budgeting, management, reporting, and analysis, utilizing generally accepted accounting principles
- Must be able to plan economic development presentations and summits
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, policies, and procedures
- An understanding of the northern economic, cultural and political environment is considered an asset
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision and be highly motivated
- Must be an effective team worker and able to work alone as required
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
SALARY: Depending on qualifications and experience
HOURS: 35 hours per week (flexible hours)
LOCATION: Hudson, Ontario
CLOSING DATE: January 26, 2022 by 4:00 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please submit a letter of application with a resume and written permission for Human Resources to contact three employment references (two must be most recent supervisors). Please submit your application by email at: email@example.com
A job description can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org