Lac Seul First Nation
Lac Seul First Nation is seeking a full-time Band Secretary that will be based at the Council Building in Frenchman’s Head. Under the direct supervision of the Employment and Training Coordinator, the Band Secretary is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Assistant and Council in all areas of communication (i.e., filing correspondence, greeting visitors/general public, and directing telephone calls).
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Provide general reception duties to the general public and staff.
- Promptly receive and screen incoming telephone calls, provide friendly and professional greeting, taking messages as appropriate, and eliciting necessary information to allow timely and accurate responses.
- Provide administrative support to staff members as needed (i.e., type out correspondence, file documents, take minutes when required, assist with tasks for the organization of Chief and Council and the Executive Assistant, assist with special events, assist band staff with general office procedures, etc.).
- Supervise the Administrative Support Clerks at all band office locations.
- Will be responsible for picking up mail in Hudson 3-4 times a week, opening, recording and distribution as to appropriate.
- Ability to maintain office, ordering office supplies, maintain databases and files.
- Will be responsible for maintaining accurate calendars for Chief and Council.
- Shifting demands and priorities. Must be flexible and able to adjust to change and frequent interruptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of Grade 12 and/or two years’ experience in office administration.
- Excellent communication, and use of word processing programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Highly motivated, excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service.
- Strong sense of ownership and a proactive, resourceful approach to challenges.
- Knowledge of LSFN, First Nation language and culture is an asset.
Location: Frenchman’s Head, Lac Seul ON
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing: June 24, 2021 by 4:30 p.m., late applications will not be accepted.
To apply please submit a resume along with a cover letter and written permission for LSFN HR Department to contact three employment references of which two must be most recent supervisors.
Please drop off, mail, fax, or email:
Lac Seul First Nation Email:
ATT: HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct HR Fax Number: 1-807-582-3525
Only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
LSFN requires Criminal Reference Checks from those offered positions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.