Accommodations Clerk – Casual
Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
Casual Position Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Starting Salary Rate: 22.793 per hour
The Accommodations Clerk is responsible for overall care of Hostel and private accommodation boarders, processing of boarders and boarder information. The Accommodations Clerk will also be responsible for assisting dispatch with daily pick up lists, working cooperatively with other staff and agencies and reporting on activities. Assist data in nightly data warrants.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Minimum Grade 12
- Front Desk experience an asset
- An ability to understand and speak one or more of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout district: Cree, Ojibway and/or Oji-Cree an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbe way of life, culture and language.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to assume responsibility and certain decision-making for others.
- Must have demonstrated abilities in office procedures and basis computer literacy.
Knowledge and Ability:
- Overall care of the clients during their stay at the Hostel by:
- Ensuring that all clients are treated with respect and dignity
- Providing client(s) with all necessary information regarding transportation, accommodation and translations
- Ensuring that clients’ stay is as safe and comfortable
- Making every effort to substitute for the support of family and community
- Ensure that escorts for clients are provided accommodation.
- Ensuring that the elderly, children and those not capable of looking after themselves receive individual support as required
- Providing translation, when appropriate, for elders and other residents.
- Ensuring that clients respect the privacy, safety and comfort of other clients
- Arrange commercial accommodation as per procedure.
- Processing of client and client information during their stay at the hostel by:
- Ensuring that all clients are admitted to and discharged from the Hostel as outlined in appropriate procedures and that proper up-to-date records are kept of each admission and release
- Ensuring that all clients are properly oriented to their stay at the Hostel.
- Ensuring that all patient clients are aware of their appointments, and that proper records are maintained to monitor status of clients medical attention during stay at hostel
- Check house list to ensure who is in the building matches with date and warrant numbers
- Ensure all information is inputted into JMK Database System
- Give out meal tickets to the appropriate clients
- Complete room checks between with security
- Performing other duties such as:
- Processing clients, monitoring clients, tracking clients and assisting the Dispatch Clerk with ensuring the clients are on the transportation/pick up list
- Determining whereabouts of clients and providing such information to family, counselling unit, and medical/hospital staff when requested to do so
- Any other tasks assigned
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Person’s Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com