Day Care Coordinator (External)
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Education, the Day Care Coordinator is responsible for developing, delivering and managing the Day care program in order to ensure a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for children. The Day Care Coordinator will be responsible for a program to care for young children.
- Diploma or Degree in Early Childhood Education, or working to obtain this;
- Experience in children’s programming and classroom settings;
- First Aid/CPR certificate;
- Knowledge of First Nation and the language, culture and traditions;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to speak a Native Language is an asset;
- Must be willing to provide Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sectors Check;
- Manage the daycare centre on a day to day basis
- Weekly planning of activities, implementing daily/weekly activities;
- Maintain facility, playground and equipment inventory;
- Keep classroom, playground, equipment and toys safe, clean and organized
- Work openly with parents and or legal guardians with any concerns or suggestions they may have
- Directing appropriate resources as required
- Develop and review program policies annually
- Other duties as required
SALARY: Dependant on education and experience
HOURS: 40 hours per week
LOCATION: Frenchman’s Head, Lac Seul First Nation
CLOSING: Friday September 20, 2019 by 4:30pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume, and written permission for LSFN Human Resources to contact two employment references, (most recent supervisors) must be provided.
Please mail, fax or drop off application to:
Lac Seul First Nation
C/o HR Department
Hudson, ON P0V 1X0
Fax #: 807-582-3585
Lac Seul First Nation requires Criminal Reference Checks for those offered positions. We thank all applicants, however, only those being offered an interview will be contacted.